Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baskets of Eggs!


I actually can't stop making eggs in a basket I declared on my facebook status. My mom always talked about it but I never quite remember tasting one. The other day I decided to end the mystery. Since then it has been on, breakfast for dinner every day. The below is for my eggless, basketless sad friends. Please note I enjoy numbered bullet points.

Eggs in a Basket

2 Eggs
2 Slices of bread- Personally whole wheat bread from Old Poland Foods down the street I found that it cooked easier with a heartier bread.
Olive Oil
Garlic
Fresh Rosemary
Salt and Pepper

1. Cut out the center of the bread with a cookie cutter. I chose a heart because I LOVE Eggs in a Basket. Hold on to the cut out bread pieces.
2. Prep the olive oil. Chop 1/2 a large clove of garlic. Chop up 2 or so sprigs of rosemary. Mix both in with the olive oil.
3. Brush the olive oil on the bread pieces.
4. Put the bread in a pan on medium heat.
5. I crack open an egg in a saucer. From the saucer pour the egg into the hole in the bread.
6. Salt and pepper the egg.
7. Fry like normal and flip only once or trice.

Eat. Love it, most likely. Maybe clean up...I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment