Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lake Forest Special Report: Gerhard's Bakery Cute.


"When will you have the almond macaroons again?," inquired a bespectacled 10 year old boy standing next me in inquired while jangling a handful of coins.

"Oh honey, I just don't know. We make them to order and sell the extras. I've got a list. When your flavor comes in we can call you," replied the energetic woman behind the counter. She was obviously IN charge, and on this Saturday morning was directing this bustling Lake Forest bakery like a zebra print skirt clad symphony conductor.

"Tell you what, honey. We will place a special order just for you. Come back on Friday and we will have them." The boy rushed out with glee. I was impressed by her customer service and her fantast ic skirt. I was also very impressed by this boy's knowledge of designer treats. When I was 10 I was using my allowance to buy Fun Dip and Little Debbie Nutty Bars (still only 25 cents. Score).

That is just how it goes at Gerhard's, the cutest little bakery in the cutest little town. Stop by and try the Almond Macaroons. They came HIGHLY recommended.

Please note this is a picture of white chocolate pretzels, NOT Almond Macaroons as they were not available today.


No comments:

Post a Comment