Friday, May 28, 2010

A Note On Cookie Dough


93% (this is a real figure from Wikipedia) of American adults have sugar-y childhood memories involving wooden spoons, flour, semi sweet chocolate and kitchens. Based on the sales of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream the love doesn’t stop at 18 years.

What makes the cookie dough even better than the cookie? Is it the romantic danger of consuming uncooked eggs? Fuzzy, safe, chilhood mother memories? Perhaps the 'rare' childhood satisfaction of a job almost "well done' HA.

For me the pull is undeniable. For every cookie that I bake and eat, 1/2 of a cookie equivalent of dough has been consumed prior. I enjoy reaping the spoils of my labor 2/3 of the way through the job. No waiting. No cooling. No milk. Just me, my wooden spoon and that raw vanilla-y, chocolate-bit glob over there.

When you bite down you can actually feel the sugar between your teeth crunch like sand.
A little much, yes, but also Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment