Monday, July 5, 2010
A vast improvement was made to my twice blogged about Idiot Tarts. This is MUCH better. We call it Fruit Pizza. I recall my mom making some sort of version of this...
1. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Take a roll of sugar cookie dough and spread into a round crust. Mine was about 9" across. Make sure the crust is spread out evenly and pinch the crust edges like a pie crust.
2. Sprinkle cinammon across the top. This gave it a little more Snickerdoodle-y type flavor.
3. Bake 12 minutes at 350. This was just my oven- check on it pretty regularly to make sure it is cooking evenly.
5. I used perfectly ripe strawberries, cherries and blueberries. Chop the strawberries into "small bite" sized pieces. I would use any fruits around that were fresh.
6. Depit the cherries (i used a baby spoon. Genius). Chop these up into "small bite" sized pieces and mix with the strawberries. Sprinkly a small amount of sugar across the fruit and mix. This is just to bring out the juice, not to sweeten the fruit. Cover and put in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
7. Mix a block of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla. So good.
8. Invert the cookie crust and peel the foil off the back. Turn it over and spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
9. Mix the whole blueberries in with the strawberry/cherry mixture and spread across the cream cheese. Squeeze 1/2 a lime across the top of the whole thing. TA DA. Eat all of it.
The cream cheese is perfect with the fresh fruit. So much better than frosting. The colors were also perfect for July 3rd. Serve with patriotic songs from YouTube playing in the background from your friend's computer.
From Our List:
1. God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
2. America - Simon & Garfunkel
3. This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie
4. America - Neil Diamond
Just a suggestion.