Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tastes Like Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Indecision




Soooo, I can't decide whether or not I love my newest baked good. Like some recently tasted curry flavored chocolate, I am just not sure if I like it. Then, the next bite I really like it. I am so confused.

My aforementioned aunt's very generous box of CandyAnna treats contained a huge bag of Theo's Toated Coconut Dark Chocolate. 70% Dark Chocolate with a light crunch of coconut. Very dark, slightly bitter. While my roomate would be over the moon, it was just too bitter for me to eat on its own.

What to do? What to make?

Sea Salt Toated Coconut Dark Chocolate Almond Tollhouse Cookies - geez, long.

I followed the Tollhouse Cookie Recipe on the back of any Tollhouse Chocolate Chips, with a few changes.

1. Add a pinch of cinnamon and allspice to the dry ingredients
2. Chopped up the Theo Dark Chocolate instead of Chocolate Chips
3. Used unsalted almonds instead of walnuts

***I would like to note that I also used my brand-new, very first EVER electric hand mixer on these. I bought it with my allowance.

Before going in the ove I put a chunk of the chocolate, a pinch of sugared coconut, and coarse grained sea salt (on top of the chocolate chunk only - just a few grains).

They are rich. The coconut on top added nothing at all and I wouldn't do it again. I would also add salted almonds instead of the sea salt on top. They came out gooey and lumpy and borderline bitter/rich/salty. Not me at all. I am not sure how I feel about them. I am going to have to have another one to figure it out. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment